This year is going to be such a fun one for brides. I’m already giddy thinking of the dresses, decorations and hairstyles I will see. One particular trend that I wanted to touch on is the concept of a MODERN CHIC occasion. I love the idea of MODERN because I picture the best elements of the 60′s and 90′s with clean lines, classic silhouettes and a very sophisticated theme. But I love how a CHIC theme also mixes in elements of glamour and couture. We’ve been seeing this trend in fashion and beauty for the past year, but now it’s officially on the bridal runways, too. So here are my picks for how to incorporate this gorgeous bridal theme for your best beauty look on the most important day!
1. Natural Orchid Color: Pantone has officially named the color of the year for 2014 and that color is the beautiful “natural orchid”, as shown on these gorgeous flowers. I expect to see this on my brides who desire a timeless and sophisticated look but with a somewhat avant garde high fashion twist.This color can be so easily incorporated into a bridal beauty look through an accent color with the eye makeup, the use of nail art, or using a flower in this shade as a hair accessory.
2. Pnina Tornai 2014 Collection: Tornai’s wedding dress designs have the perfect balance of structure and playfulness to make any of her dresses the perfect choice for the modern chic bride. By often combining elements such as a fitted, sexy bodice with a full princess skirt of tulle and flowers, her silhouettes make for a great starting point for a complete beauty look. For the pictured gown, a smooth and sophisticated chignon sitting medium to higher on her head would be absolutely stunning and would match the volume and drama of the gown without competing with it.
3. Sparkling Elegance: Think simple, clean lines. Think white space and sparkle. Of course, this photo is of the gorgeous decorations at a wedding ceremony, but these concepts can be amazing inspiration for your overall look. And when done appropriately and with moderation, crystal accents can be so breathtaking.
4. Avant Garde Hair Accessories: I absolutely love this accessory from Hair Comes The Bride! I can see this working very well with the Pnina dress pictured or with most looks from other 2014 collections. I also love the way it compliments the hairstyle it’s pictured with. The updo has volume, height, and texture but still leaves you with the impression that it is classic and tailored. For our modern chic bride, this accessory could even be worn with a down hairstyle left straighter or with larger, textured waves.
5. The Classic Chignon: I love that this bridal updo incorporates volume on top, has sleek sides and that the hair is bent into a smooth chignon near the nape of the neck. And complimented with the dramatic smokey eye and highlighting and contouring of the face shape? It is the quintessential vision of a modern chic bride.